GroggyPot - The World of Bizarre Beans...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Naza Service Centre

My Ria was due for the 10K service hence I made a booking for this morning. The last service was December 2004 when the odometer reading was near 5K. Yeah...yeah...I know...low mileage and shit like that. I drove everyday except that the work place happens to be 10 minutes away from my present home.

I don't believe the bollocks that those service representative said about "you have to service your car every 3 months even though your mileage is low because the engine oil will harden..." what crap, the synthetic oil usually will last you 3-5 years let alone a few months.

Anyway, I was late...they started at 8 a.m. but I only arrived at half-9 and the number was already 27 presumably the sequence begin from 1. I saw a number 12 lying at the guard house table but my guess is somebody must have "reserved" the spot while popping out for a quick coffee or trying to find a better parking space.

There I was waiting patiently at the service lobby where only 3 of the service supervisors were working on this day. The number called was 10 and I took a glance of the room full of sleepy heads...poor fellas must have rushed here in the wee hours to get the first few numbers.

According to my timing, each customer took about 20 minutes to be served...partly because they have to walk like a few hundred metres away to inspect their respective cars NO Thanks to Naza being too stingy to build enough customer parking spaces.

All in all there are only 5 staff serving about 20 customers at the time I was there. 3 Service Supervisors, 1 admin and 1 cashier. Fortunately, my turn came about 2 hours later and quickly I step up to the counter and go through the boring service request. Once done, I thought I would be able to leave the place as quick as possible...I was damn wrong...apparently not many taxi driver would go to that place in Puchong and there goes another 45 minutes waiting for the cabby.

I can't believe sending a car for routine service could take half a day! How I wish these car dealers can offer rapid "car drop-off" type of services where customer will just drive into their multi-storey car park, get a number, self-service and write down your complaints and contact numbers, drop off the form and leave the service centre. The camera at entrance should have taken a digital shot of your car just to make sure there will not be any dispute with scratches or dents at your car when you collect them. Dreaming? Maybe not...some European countries already doing this. We may have to wait another 2-3 years before it come to Asia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home