GroggyPot - The World of Bizarre Beans...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

LIFE on THE fast LANE

I have just returned from abroad after a hectic business trip in Manila. It was an exhausting week considering I had less than 3 hours sleep every night that I have slept all the way on the plane (well, almost...until some punk shook my arm during the meal time).

No..no..it's not like what you think...making full use of every minute to have a good time with those model-looking Filipino chics though I wish I had. Maybe next time and I will write them in this blog when that happens.

Anyway, I had a little bit of private time while waiting in the departure lounge in Manila airport. It was a wide open area where passengers are scattered around their departure gates waiting for the boarding announcement. It may be the time of the day that most flights are heading to those OFW (Overseas Foreign Workers) favourite destinations like Bahrain, Riyadh, Qatar, Doha etc. Mind you all the OFW folks going out to work at these places are not exactly the maids or construction workers by the looks of the way they dressed and carrying bags that they have with them...LV, Prada, Chanel (could be fake I know but, doesn't seem so because there is this charisma oozing out and simply make one believe that they belong to the elite group of expatriates).

I was watching this one family with 2 young daughters (maybe 5 and 8...I am guessing) traveling with the working father it seems. Wife was gorgeous...I mean my standard may be low but this gal was beautiful and uhmmm shappy. My guess is...husband work his guts out and she works her guts out at the gym and pool. Just when I thought how the hell will she manage that considering having to look after the two girls, house work, cooking etc. there is apparently this "maid" looking Filipino women was tagging along carrying some of their hand luggages.

Man, they are traveling with their own maid....imagine that. And for a moment, I thought they are one of those poor OFW families going out to earn some green back to support their nation's coffer. I was dead wrong ... they are probably the people that live on the fast lane and earn big bucks having an expatriate lifestyle in these countries.

Now I am jealous....and yes, I knew exactly how much are these people potentially earn as I have a rare chance to experience that kind of lifestyle for a short period of time (5 months to be exact) a couple of years ago. Live like King is understatement, the kind of "wild" experiences is beyond your imagination considering "money will do the talking" and there are tonnes of foreign nurses and school teachers that are willing to "do more" to please you. I have to stop thinking/writing now....otherwise, I may have to quit my job now and catch the next flight out there. Just kidding! You do have to strike a balance between those flamboyant lifestyle with reality and I think the latter does last a little longer considering the fact that you will not be able to sustain sleepless nights for too many months/years having different partners every night.

Age must have caught up with me as I have not thought about the future until I saw this Filipino family and reminded myself of the "life in the desert". There are still so much to do and prepare for the younger generation. I wanted to be able to live and meet my son-in-law...wow...that's a scary thought. Maybe play a round of golf and beat the shit out of him (or the other way round). Changing lanes along the course may just alter the entire outcome altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home