GroggyPot - The World of Bizarre Beans...

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Losing Enthrallment

There are so many things that we have come across in life be it emotional, kindred feelings, hobbies, impulsive fascinations, fanaticism etcetera. There seem very little of these remained eternal with no sign of corrosion. There is always a change of its state from being red hot to mild then cold and some diminished or transformed into another variant of the same kind or representation.

Taking online networking tools and gaming as example, it was such a big hit at the initial stages with tremendous amount of our time (and life) invested into them and no one seem too bothered about what is the actual returns from actually engrossed too much into them. But as the day goes by and the novelty slowly wears off the time spent on these modern days phenomenon will eventually show sign of desertion. Perhaps it’s human nature to be bored with same old activity (just like the children with their toys) and prefers to venture into new adventure trails or maybe it has something to do with the aging process where one begins to look out for something fresh and most importantly … exciting.

I, for one have spent considerable huge amount of my remaining life on online poker sessions (the type that promotes you to different levels as your play money accumulates and achieve certain grading)…day and night every day of the week. And along the way have made friends with so many poker buddies that you will never (ever) in your real life cross path with. Then came one day, you just thought “what the hell am I doing all these for?” And that day for me was yesterday evening when I’ve just realized that the play money accumulated since day one will continue to grow and my ranking will continue to improve to say, PRO*10M, PRO*20M and so on…but what does that mean….NOTHING. I will not get a better appraisal at work the next morning with my big eye bag, nor will I get extra attention from anybody I know. So, why bother … and besides…if I really want to I can always regain the ranking after sharpening the skills from past months.

That said, one thing I must admit – which is the most important part of the whole equation, was the desire to chat with all the buddies while playing the online games. Catching up with day-to-day events and happenings, getting to know them better and really like finding the common subjects to talk about, debate, share opinion with …you get the drift. The online sessions were merely a lame excuse to be associated with but the real motive was really just to be linked and chat.

Bleeding Love – Leona Lewis



So, I have chosen a high stake table and bet all my play money on a couple of hands and bring my kitty down to a big fat ZERO. What a great relief! No more play money hence no more urge to continue to climb up the ranking ladder. Free at last!

Now, I can look ahead a bright and shiny day exploring new untapped universe.



Grace Kelly – Mika

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home