GroggyPot - The World of Bizarre Beans...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Human Doctors Days are Numbered?

Brought my daughter to the doctor this morning. She was down with a fever and phlegmy cough. Still, she remained the naughty self and forever so playful and cheecky.

There we were waiting patiently after signing in the registration. wait..wait...wait...and wait. After two toilet breaks and many running around the clinic chasing after my girl, her name was called. She stopped instantly and leading the way straight into the GP's room.

She is a calm and serious looking doctor (more of those women of few words type). I have gone through my girl's condition and she began to talk with a slow and low voice...is she this...is she that...and I occasionally add in some medical terms and medicine names (I've probably given her more medicine of choice to treat the symptoms than she has in her mind...thanks to the Internet, obviously and the years of bringing up the children and having to deal with their 'regular' illnesses).

Anyway, to cut the story short...the doctor was kinda surprised that I am telling her (more like suggesting the diagnosis) more than any of her patients it seems. Luckily she was a good listener and sort of playing along and has written down some applicable medicines. I am quite pleased as this is one doctor that has not told me off like "Are you the doctor or am I the doctor?". Got that from no less than 3 doctors before :)

On our way out, we thanked her and she gave a very cryptic comment such as "let me know if your prescribed medication works for your daughter."

I didn't realize it until my wife start calling me Dr. Dad! We both laughed and increase was my belief that one day we will no longer require human doctors but some intelligent computer system that can help to diagnose and prescribe medicine for the sick people; and that day is near already.

2 Comments:

  • Hi! I link you! Nice to have another parent blogging.

    By Blogger 5xmom.com, at 28/6/05 11:14 pm  

  • Hi modem, thanks for the tip...will check when I have the time.

    5xmom, Thanks for the 'welcome' note. Will try to put some children's tales next time.

    By Blogger spectrakia, at 29/6/05 3:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home