GroggyPot - The World of Bizarre Beans...

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Gums and Glue

Children today often have the gifted ability to interchange the usage of words in their still developing vocabulary language bank.

For example, my daughter was having a field day over the Easter weekend having bucket full of chocolates and candies from the Easter egg hunt. As she was munching away happily, I warned her about tooth decays, gums disease etc.

I said "Girl, don't eat too much candies, otherwise your gums will be rotten and teeth will fall out!". My youngest son heard that and asked "What is the gums for?" I replied "For holding up your teeth so that they won't fall off".

5 minutes later, he came back and said "Here Dad, I don't want these sweets anymore, I want my 'glue' to be stronger so that the teeth will not fall off". I was puzzled for a while...then chuckles as I knew he meant 'gums' but has used the word 'glue' instead of 'gums'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home